Given the popularity of CBD is on the rise, companies are fighting to get into CBD competition. Investors are willing to advance more into it as the market’s future is quite promising. To date, scientists have approved CBD to cure chronic pain, anxiety attacks, stress, joint pains, arthritis, and epilepsies, to name a few. Doctors are carrying out more research on people to extract more benefits from the non-psychoactive part of the marijuana plant.
One of the best features of CBD is that people can consume it in various forms like oil, creams, lotions, balms, gummies, or gels. CBD gummies are the easiest way to consume them as children like these soft chewable candies made of water, sucrose, and gelatin. Gummy bears are one of the most famous products in the sweets category. CBD gummies for anxiety have CBD oil. People usually like taking CBD gummies because their sweetness covers the unpleasant taste of CBD oil. In 2020, the size of the global CBD gummies market was valued at $ 1.6 billion. It can expand at the CAGR of 30.7% in 2021-28.
Different Kinds of CBD Gummies
CBD gummies are available in different colors, textures, flavors, and shapes. Here, kind signifies CBD extract with which the gummy is made. Manufacturers make a typical CBD gummy using the following extracts-
1. CBD Isolate: Isolate is the purest form of CBD. It lacks other natural derivatives of the marijuana plant. If a gummy is made of CBD isolate, it means that pure cannabidiol and sugar water is used in the making of the gummies. It does not have other naturally derived remnants of hemp.
2. Broad-spectrum: This extract contains CBD and all other naturally occurring remnants of hemp, excluding THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol). If a gummy includes broad-spectrum extracts, it means that flavonoids, terpenes, cannabinoids are present in it. That enhances the benefits of CBD gummies and gives effective results due to the presence of other extracts.
3. Full-spectrum: If a CBD gummy has full-spectrum extracts, it means that all the naturally sourced remnants of hemp, including THC, are present in it. Since THC is a psychoactive part of the hemp plant, it causes high. Along with CBD, flavonoids, terpenes, and other cannabinoids, people can now get the effects of THC as well. THC can have visible effects on both the mind and body.
Pros of consuming CBD gummies
CBD gummies do certainly mask the untempting peculiar taste of CBD oil. Other than the taste factor, there are various pros of consuming CBD gummies-
1. Extremely Lightweight and travel-friendly – People can take CBD gummies anytime and anywhere. They are lightweight and travel-friendly. People can use them easily without hassles. It is like eating candy.
2. No hassle of measurement and consistency of dosage- Unlike oils or lotions, people would not have to worry about the dose. They can be certain of the amount of dosage they are taking as the amount is predetermined. You can be sure of the consistency of your dosage as well. You can also take gummies without inviting unwanted conversations and stares.
3. Safer than other alternatives – CBD gummies are safer than CBD cigarettes or vapes. These cause damage to the lungs, but gummies provide benefits without compromising health and taste.
Also Read: How to Gain Loyal Customers
Cons of consuming CBD gummies
With every set of pros comes cons. Given below is a list of some disadvantages of consuming CBD in gummies form –
1. Less bioavailability compared to oils and tinctures – The bioavailability of CBD gummies is around 5 to 15%, while that of oils and tinctures is between 35 to 56%. Bioavailability is the amount of CBD the bloodstream can absorb. Accordingly, the effects last.
2. Presence of artificial agents – Makers add artificial agents like flavorings and colors to make gummies look appealing. These agents are also responsible for the color and taste of CBD gummies. These ingredients are harmful to health and can lead to food-related allergies.
3. Time-Consuming-CBD gummies usually take two to three hours to pass through the digestive system and start their work. If a person wants instant relief, gummies are not the best option.
Monitoring the Dosage of CBD gummies
Keeping a check on the consumption and dosage of CBD gummies is relatively easy. Since gummies are edible, people can monitor the dosage of gummies in the same way as other edibles. But, a fair share of warning – do check the package for the amount of CBD in the product. The amount should not exceed the prescribed limit and 0.3% limit bar of THC.
You can calculate the amount of CBD in each gummy by comparing the quantity of CBD in the product and the number of CBD gummies in each packet. The amount is predetermined, so each CBD gummy provides the same dose of CBD. For example, if you buy a 500mg pack of 50 gummies, each gummy has 500/50 = 10mg of CBD extract. Now it depends on your ideal dosage. If your doctor prescribes 40mg of CBD per day, you have to intake four gummies a day. Gummies ensure that you are consistently taking it as the level is pre-determined.
An increase in the dosage of CBD gummies intake increases the amount of CBD that the digestive system can absorb. The same holds for the concentration, potency, and purity of a CBD product. A higher amount indicates higher bioavailability. That being said, it becomes significant to track your daily dosage. Do not go overboard with its consumption. Though difficult cases have not been reported yet, CBD in higher amounts can have various side effects.
CBD gummies might take longer to start their work, but it is one of the safest options in the market to choose from. Do your research and consult a physician before buying gummies from any brand. Some fraud companies mask themselves and sell mislabeled products. Look out for them. To be double sure, check whether the brand has carried out a third-party lab test. New to CBD should start with small doses and gradually increase the quantity. People who are under medication should consult a doctor before commencing CBD treatment. In this way, you will be all covered!