Profitable, effective, and capable of generating leads, SMS Marketing and Email Marketing are two channels of communication with our clients that must be part of our digital strategy.
The use of email as a marketing tool has established itself as one of the most effective strategies in the online environment, characterized by its effectiveness, speed, and versatility. Personalization allows us to have a high degree of interaction with the user. One of the requirements to take into account when making this type of shipment is to ensure that access to the database complies with current legal regulations on data protection.
Among the objectives of email marketing are, among others, attracting new customers, maintaining the existing relationship between customer and brand and increasing their loyalty, informing about new activities, launches, events, etc. planned. In this way, the company will be able to interact directly with its receivers and measure the impact of the action.
Benefits of email marketing
Some of the most outstanding benefits that email marketing offers are:
- It is one of the cheapest tools, in addition to being highly effective in maintaining contact between brand and customer, current and/or potential.
- It is a tool that allows you to measure the success of each campaign/shipment made in real-time.
- Manage shipments through an email marketing tool
- Automate shipments and the possibility of performing A / B tests.
- Increase loyalty.
- Personalize the message and content according to the user’s interests.
Designing an email marketing strategy
When designing the email marketing strategy, the following steps should be taken into account:
- Establish the objectives / KPI of the campaign, which must be SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and with a specific time).
- Define the target audience and segment the database accordingly.
- Plan the campaign, taking into account the segmentation carried out and the frequency or ideal moment of the shipment.
- Creation (and design) of the content.
- Take the A / B test.
- Send the e-mailing.
- Monitoring and analysis of the results obtained.
The SMS Marketing is sending automated text messages to a database that have signed up through your phone number for SMS Receive commercial or transactional information. Among its multiple objectives, the communication of offers, promotions, recommendations, incidents, or alerts stands out.
Benefits of SMS Marketing
In addition to the multiple objectives that can be achieved, some of the benefits are:
- It offers a high opening rate (98%), which makes it an effective, direct, and complementary channel for other actions.
- You can customize the message and add the sender.
- Campaign delivery at an affordable price.
- It is a little exploited channel, so its use will provide a different value compared to the competition.
- Increase the conversion rate by combining SMS marketing campaigns with the creation of responsive and effective pages.
Good practices when making an SMS Marketing strategy
- Have the consent of the clients and offer the possibility of unsubscribing from the service in an agile way.
- Send only information that adds value.
- Take care of the calendar and schedule of shipments, avoiding the foreseeable hours of rest and weekends.
- Personalize the message, including both the sender and the recipient’s name, and segment the database based on the interests of the subscribers.
- Derive the included links to an optimized landing page.
- Identify, through the reports obtained, how to improve subsequent campaigns.