Pinterest is the name of a digital platform launched in 2010. Its operation is based on the development and administration of personal boards that allow searching and sharing interests.
- Pinterest was created by Ben Silbermann, Evan Sharp, and Paul Sciarra. Its purpose is to connect users through what they consider interesting.
- To use Pinterest, you need to register on the website or log in with a Google or Facebook account. After completing this step, the subject can begin to follow other Pinterest members and store and classify content on various boards.
Given its characteristics, Pinterest can be defined as a social network. In his particular case, it is a visual-oriented undertaking, since videos and images are shared above all.
- One of the main features of Pinterest is that it is used virtually as a cork sheet on which photographs, notes, etc. are hung with a pin. In this way it is used as a kind of place to save ideas or projects, or even to collect those goods or services that are intended to be enjoyed at some point.
- Companies, meanwhile, find on Pinterest a tool to promote and market their products. The service allows adding links to images, making it possible to direct users to other websites.
- With more than 265 million monthly active users, Pinterest is among the most popular sites in the world. The company debuted on the stock market in April 2019 with a capitalization of $ 12.6 billion.