PHP, or Hypertext Preprocessor, is a widely used scripting language that allows developers to build dynamic, intuitive, and performant websites and applications. PHP programming enables developers to build the infrastructure required to develop robust and visually appealing websites for a rich user experience. With an increase in demand for websites with quick turnaround times, server-side versatility, and data encryption for enhanced security, PHP development presents a lucrative career opportunity for software developers. If you are passionate about building innovative solutions and solving real-world problems using PHP, it is the right time to apply for remote PHP developer jobs.
What is the role of a PHP developer?
PHP developers use the best software development practices to create end-to-end computing infrastructure, build user-friendly applications, manage web processes, troubleshoot scripting errors, and provide maintenance of the applications. They are also involved in developing the back-end of the applications by writing server-side logic and handling data processes. Experienced PHP developers collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver innovative solutions on time. They are also expected to stay updated with the latest developments and implement new features in the existing applications.
Skills required to get remote PHP developer jobs in 2021
- Proficiency in PHP programming
- Working knowledge of MySQL, AJAX, and jQuery
- Experience with API integration, Composer (dependency manager), and PSR (PHP Standard Recommendation)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
- Expertise in MVC framework architecture
- Strong understanding of PHP frameworks: CakePHP (open-source web framework), PHPUnit (unit testing framework)
- Working experience with design tools such as Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- A knack for good design (UI) and UX
- Experience with design patterns for rapid development
These are the technical and soft skills required for developers to grow rapidly in their careers and land high-paying PHP developer jobs.
Also Read: Use These Top Tips To Get Your New Website Off To a Successful Start.
Why is PHP the best choice for your career development?
According to a report by W3Techs, PHP is used by 78.5% of all the websites on the internet in 2021. Global technology companies, including Facebook, Slack, WordPress, MailChimp, Wikipedia, Indeed, Tumblr, Lyft, etc., use PHP in their tech stacks for building web applications, computing infrastructure, and mobile applications. This clearly demonstrates that PHP is here to stay and will continue to empower software development teams with scalability and flexibility.
Let’s take a look at the top 10 reasons to choose PHP development for your career:
- Open-source: PHP is an open-source platform and completely free to use. This feature makes it accessible to a global pool of developers, and most IT companies and developers prefer to choose PHP for their web development projects.
- Compatibility with multiple browsers: PHP is a cross-platform scripting language that allows developers to deploy applications on various OS such as Android, Windows, Unix, macOS, Linux, etc.
- Flexible, dynamic, and integrative: PHP has a bundle of frameworks and libraries that help developers to build flexible and dynamic web applications. It also offers seamless integration with third-party libraries and APIs for a rich user experience.
- CMS development: There is a wide range of content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, that use PHP to interact with databases and build customized layouts.
- A plethora of frameworks: Some of the best PHP frameworks include Yii, Symfony, Laravel, CodeIgniter, and CakePHP. These frameworks speed up the development process, provide enhanced security features, and help in testing applications & preparing documentation.
- Database support: PHP provides flexible database connectivity and can connect with various database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, SQLite, Oracle, and more.
- eCommerce applications: The demand for remote PHP developers for developing feature-rich and robust eCommerce applications is at an all-time high.
- Progressive Web Apps and SPAs: These days, businesses widely use PWAs and SPAs due to their cross-platform compatibility, responsiveness, and faster loading times. PHP allows developers to build the back-end of these web applications.
- Chatbots: PHP developers can leverage the pool of libraries, frameworks, and APIs supported by PHP to build highly efficient and responsive chatbots.
- Excellent community support: Being an open-source scripting language, PHP is accessible to a global audience, hence providing international community support to developers and paving the way for regular updates and new functionalities to be released every now and then.
What is the average salary of a remote PHP developer?
If you wish to apply for remote PHP developer jobs UK/US, you should also consider the salary and other benefits offered by companies based in that location. According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a remote PHP developer in the UK might range between £27,000 – £68,000/year, whereas the salary of an experienced remote PHP developer in the US would range between $50,000-$100,000/year.
Having said that, Turing.com offers global opportunities to remote PHP developers to work with the best US companies from the comfort of their homes and enjoy better compensation. Turing jobs provide developers with a sense of community, personalized career mentorship, and lifelong matching with top US companies by being their long-term career partners.
Future scope for PHP developers
With continuous advancements and feature upgrades, PHP has dominated the software development industry and will continue to impact businesses worldwide.
PHP offers a wide range of tools, frameworks, and capabilities to build cutting-edge web applications, PWAs, SPAs, CMS, Chatbots, and more. These functionalities unlock exciting opportunities and give developers a rewarding career.
If you are looking for fully remote PHP developer jobs, try Turing deep jobs platform and enjoy an outstanding work-life balance. All the best!