Businesses need stable and dependable internet connections to run their operations smoothly. A successful venture must be able to depend on their internet service provider’s reliable and smooth operations. A glitch, however small it may be, can be the deciding factor behind your business’s success or failure.
While you research for an internet connection that may suit you the best, make a list of your requirements. How much speed and data will you need for your business to prosper should be your topmost priority. Whether you’re a small home business owner or a large enterprise, a secure internet connection means, great productivity with optimum services.
There is a multitude of telecom companies that are offering various services and plans. You can get a pre-planned package or choose a customized solution as per your company’s need. Let’s look at a few pointers to help you decide what to look for and how to go on about achieving it.
Who to select and how?
- Check for the provider’s availability. All ISP’s do not provide services in all areas of the U.S.
- Look at the kind of connection that you may need by focusing on the number of employees, number of presents and prospective clients, and the kind of functions your business is set out to perform. That will help in choosing a package that most efficiently fulfills your demands.
- If your company has a few functions that can be dealt with, with a lower bandwidth then you don’t have to pay extra for a high-speed connection. In case you’re a venture with various areas and departments and have a long list of employees with varying degrees of responsibilities and obligations, a good speed with unlimited data may be your only hope.
- Once you have decided on the ISP and the package, be very careful with the terms of the contract. There may be hidden fees or rules that may put you in a bad place if you ever decide to cancel your subscription. Look for flexibility.
- Once you’re done with all of the above, try finding the ratings of the companies through customer reviews. This will be extremely helpful in finalizing the deal.
We’ve selected a few internet providers which we thought were providing the best services which can cater to most of the businesses. We took into account the availability of the connection, its speed, price, plans and packages, ratings, and flexibility.
Also Read: Low-Cost Social Media Management Services for Small Businesses
Verizon Fios Business plan
- Verizon is offering its consumers 5 internet plans.
- The download speeds range from 75 Mbps to a maximum of 940 Mbps.
- Its price starts from $64.99 a month during the first year, $69.99 for the second. Then on the higher side, the price starts at $214.99 a month through the first year and $224.99 for the second.
- These prices do not include equipment charges or any kind of fees.
- It’s not good if you are looking for a no-contract plan but that can be managed if necessary. Verizon’s contract lasts for only two years and requires customers to pay a cancellation fee that is just 35% of the monthly fee for the rest of the term.
- Another downside is its limited availability. You can find it in only a few metro areas in about 9 states along the East Coast.
- It has the best customer satisfaction rating among all its other contenders.
Spectrum Business internet
- Spectrum is offering three internet speeds to its consumers. They start from 200 Mbps, from that it goes to 400 Mbps, and then reaches a maximum of 940 Mbps.
- The prices are extremely affordable though, which is a plus that goes in the favor of Charter Spectrum internet, starting at $44.99. You can check the rest of their prices and plans by clicking on the link and entering your business address. Offers may vary in different areas.
- An upside to Spectrum is that all their packages are contract-free. Moreover, since they are available in almost 44 states across the USA, most of you can find their services available in your area of choice. You can grow and expand your business while flying free.
- They get some mixed sort of reviews from the customers. So do try and read their fine print in detail before buying their services.
- All in all, Spectrum is a great, budget-friendly way to start your company with.
Comcast Business internet
- Comcast stands out among its competitors due to its high-speed. It offers the maximum fast-speed of 1 Gig or 1,000 Mbps. They deliver on their promise of outstanding download speeds.
- Its data plan’s business bandwidth starts from 25 Mbps and goes to 300 Mbps.
- They offer a pro packed feature for their Business connection. If for any number of reasons, your connection is disrupted, Comcast will shift you to a 4G LTE backup that will be wireless.
- To get an exact quote about their pricing for your business, provide them with your address.
- The downside to Comcast is that there is a 2-year contract. Additionally, their cancellation is also a little on the high side according to their customer’s reviews.
Frontier Business internet
- In case you’re a small business, running your operations out of your home, and do not want to invest too much on the internet, Frontier may be just right for you.
- Although the speeds offered by Frontier are the slowest, ranging from only 7 Mbps to 40 Mbps, their bundle deals are priced low.
- Any small store or service can benefit greatly from this because such low speeds will not pose any threat to your business.
- Their most budget-friendly deal includes Business Max plus Voice service at 7 Mbps with free Wi-Fi router and installation as well as a business phone, costing you $49.98 per month in a 2-year contract.
These were just a few of the ISPs that we think will benefit most people no matter how big or small their business needs may be. Try keeping a focus on flexibility as your requirements may get bigger once your venture starts expanding.
Also Read: KEYS TO PROTECT YOUR ROUTER: AVOID MALWARE AND DETECT IF SOMEONE STEALS YOUR WIFI